Every organ donation decision can potentially save 7 lives. For patients suffering from end-stage organ failure, organ transplant is often the only cure. There are more than 2,000 hopeless patients waiting for organ transplant in Hong Kong everyday and only 3 in 100 Hong Kong adults is registered on the Centralized Organ Donation Register only. Moreover, since consent by family members is required before organ transplantation, in reality, less than half of the deceased patients suitable for donating organs could successfully donate their organs.
To support organ donation and the Department of Health, we are now launching the “Life Angel” campaign to promote the message of organ donation to the community so as to enhance public acceptance and the registrants.
The objectives of the "LIFE ANGEL" UNSDG Organ Donation Appreciation Program are: -
- To increase the number of organizations to become a signatory of the “Organ Donation Promotion Chartered” launched by Department of Health
- To increase the number of organ donors registered on the Centralized Organ Donation Register
- To appreciate those companies, organizations and individuals who actively support and spread the message of organ donation
- To increase awareness and information to the public regarding organ donation
- To decrease the number of patients and wait time for patients who require organ transplant in HK
- To support the UNSDG in particular SDG 3 – Good Health and Well Being
- To save lives and increase giving spirit in HK
- To encourage cross-sector participation in this cause
1) Kick-off ceremony
Date: 18 Jun, 2017 (Sunday)
Venue: JCI Office
2) Appreciation Ceremony
Date: 22 Oct, 2017 (Sunday)
3) Outdoor Promotion Day
Date: 19 Nov, 2017 (Sunday)
For campaign update, please follow our facebook @jcihklifeangelorgandonation. Thank you!